Company History

1954 | Nova Scotia Sand and Gravel starts operation in Shubenacadie, Nova Scotia

1966 | The Shaw Group Limited purchases Nova Scotia Sand and Gravel, becomes Shaw Resources

Late 1970’s | Shaw Resources enters the retail market with premixes and landscaping products

Early 1980’s | Begin marketing fly ash, a byproduct derived from burning coal for the production of electricity and used in the production of high quality concrete

1995 | Eastern Embers wood pellet fuel launches for residential and industrial customers

2007 | Belledune facility opens to produce industrial wood pellets for the off-shore market

2016 | Belledune facility becomes the first in Canada to obtain Sustainable Biomass Partnership (SBP) certification